Monday, September 16, 2013

Home sweet home

We were back in Kansas for the last Saylor cousin wedding.
An absolute treat to catch up with family and friends all in one venue.
Congrats Denise and Dan, such a beautiful wedding and a lovely couple!
Nanny and Lily burning up the dance floor.
We basically spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with family.
I didn't bring my good camera, so have just a few snapshots.
Luckily we took Osterhaus family pictures, and I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Beauty parlor at Nanny's house...Lily follows her around like she is royalty..which she is, in our book!




Lily is such a city girl.  A few of my favorite quotes from the weekend...
~While messing around in the garage, Lily spots the riding mower..."Nanny, can I ride your tractor?"
~Driving to Grandma & Grandpa O's house in the country..."Wow Mommy, those people really need to mow their grass".  She was pointing to a corn field.



William's favorite memory was his first overnight at Grandma's house.  He didn't think a wedding dance sounded like much fun, and instead had a blast playing with his cousins.  He also had a serious obsession with Uncle Matt's home grown watermelon.  I think that boy ate half the bowl...yummy!


The first morning we were home, I found Lily with huge tears in her eyes.  When I asked her what was wrong, she said "Mommy, I would really miss my friends in Arizona, but I want to live in Kansas. I miss my Kansas family sooooooo much."  I hear ya girl...I often feel the same way.  

1 comment:

MJS said...

Life is too short to wish it away. Enjoy every moment of AZ life and the very special little family you have created and the great friends that share that world. I am so proud of the two of you. I, of course, will be making a visit very soon.