We gals had a great four days together, but are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Ryan from his trip to Salt Lake City. We missed you Daddy!
Mommy is ready for a vacation of her own…or at least a strong Bloody Mary…
Help, get me outta here. I’m tired of being stuck inside this winter! I’m ready for springtime! Open this door!
Maybe I can eat my way out….
Shoot, that didn’t work…thinking, thinking…..
Elhers, do you know how to open this door?
Dumb dog. Guess we’re stuck inside a few more days….
Lily invited her girlfriend Emma over for a few hours of playtime while Mommy and Miss Lela caught up on adult conversation.
Apparently daycare has yet to teach Lily her manners as she would continuously steal whatever toy Emma fancied. She then proceeded to crawl right over Emma to get closer to Mommy. Emma didn’t seem to mind…she is a happy, laidback kind of gal.
Lily is jealous of Miss Emma’s head of hair! So cute!!
Thanks Emma and Lela for coming to play! We loved seeing you gals and are looking forward to getting together again very soon!
Nanny celebrated her birthday this past week. I think she turned 39. Some folks disagree, but whatever, I’ll always believe my Nanny.
First we celebrated with brunch on Sunday.
Then we went to Uncle John’s and celebrated with all the cousins!
I love my Nanny and was so excited to celebrate with her!
February 28, 2010. Time is flying by way too fast….
Weight – 18 lb, 9oz. 50 percentile
Length – 28 1/4 inches. 75 percentile
Head – 17 2/3 inches. 75 percentile
A few Lily observations:
* You recently learned how to pull yourself up and take a few steps holding onto the coffee table, your crib, etc. Now you are completely obsessed with this new trick and are constantly crawling to find something else you can pull up on.
* You are Miss Independent. You like to do things your own way and are starting to show a little temper when things don’t go your way.
* You have perfected the art of waving. Any time someone enters or exits the room, you wave and wave and wave.
* One of your very favorite activities is “walking” while holding onto Daddy’s hands. You giggle and smile and laugh while moving forward, but the moment Daddy stops, you show us that little temper of yours.
* You are eating three meals a day, with three to four bottles in between. However, you are really cutting back on your bottles and wanting to eat more and more solid foods.
* You have settled into your new daycare, and seem to have the love and attention of multiple teachers. Plus you spent some quality time in the Director’s office when you refused your bottle for a few days (sweet lady wanted to give you some private, quiet time to eat without any extra distractions). Daddy and I had a good laugh imagining you being carted off to the “Principal’s office” for being naughty.
We love you more than words. Happy Birthday Lily!