to my two favorite people in the world. I love you more than anything!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
CHRISTMAS EVE at Nanny and Papa Kurt’s house.
Due to the incoming blizzard, church was cancelled and we were snowed in. Who could have imagined the extent of the storm – we were snowed in until Saturday, and couldn’t see Grandma and Grandpa O until Sunday!
Lily decided she would check out all the presents under the tree.
Are all these for me?
Oh, I found one with my name on it! I can barely stand the anticipation….do we really have to wait until morning to open?
Lily was a lucky girl to open one present Christmas Eve. The belly flop on top of the gift is priceless.
Thanks Kristin, Lily loves her new toy! It seriously kept her entertained all weekend.
Santa came! He brought PJ’s (even for Mom and Dad…ha, ha) and cute boots!
Go State and nose kisses with Auntie M.
My doll’s name is Lily and she speaks both English and French. Thanks Auntie M, I laugh every time she speaks to me!
Lily had lots of helpers when opening her presents.
CHRISTMAS at Grandma and Grandpa O’s.
Aynslee, modeling her present opening attire. Such a cutie!
Oh I’m so excited to open my present!
An attempt at a group photo. Ha, I love it!
Unfortunately, we had to cancel Ryan’s extended family Christmas due to weather. But we just had to see this sweet new addition – Letty Paige - so we ventured out into the elements. She is just beautiful, Leann, and that hair, oh my! Lily is excited to play with her new cousin throughout the years!
We had such a special Christmas this year with Miss Lily and feel so thankful for all of our family. We love you all!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Our fabulous Texas hosts put on one rocking Christmas party Saturday night. There was even a visit from the big guy himself!
Mom, this Santa looks kind of familiar. He reminds me of someone….who could it be?!?!?!?
Santa brought each child a present! Lily got a book and lots of bows. Guess which one she liked best?
Lily went to bed early, but made a late night reappearance. Apparently she did not want to miss out on any of the fun! She was being one silly, happy girl!
Thanks Annie and Brian for such a fun party. We will have to make this an annual event!
Monday, December 21, 2009
Hey Mom and Dad, what in the world are you guys doing now?
We are packing, Miss Lily.
Packing? Where are we going?
We’re going down to Dallas, to visit your friend Sutton!
Fun! I love Sutton.
Wait. How do we get to Dallas?
In this here suitcase.
What? GET ME OUTTA HERE! I DON’T WANT TO RIDE TO DALLAS IN THIS SUITCASE!
Oh Miss Lily, we are just teasing (Dad and his silly humor). You are not riding to Dallas in a suitcase, you are going in an airplane!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Lily, what are you doing?
Nothing Mom……..(dangit, I’m caught).
Lily, stay out of the presents. No peaking until Christmas!
Oh you are silly Mom, I would never try to sneak a peak before Christmas morning. I was just looking at the pretty bows. I promise!
Is she gone?
Lynnie, Ehlers, you guys be the lookout.
I’m going in!
Friday, December 4, 2009
November 30, 2009. Break my heart, how is my baby a half year old already.
Weight – 15 lb, 9oz. 50 percentile
Length – 27 inches. 90 percentile
Head – 16 3/4 inches. 75 percentile
Picture courtesy of Claire W. What an amazing talent!
A few Lily observations:
* You are such a silly, smiley gal. You giggle at funny voices, goofy faces, stinky doggies, and especially your daddy.
* You are still quite the talker once you get going. Your squealing and screaming are starting to sound more like babbles, and your Dad swears you said “hi” to him once (Mom thinks he’s crazy).
* This past month, you have been sick twice. First with a fever and sore throat, and now with a double ear infection. Breaks your mom’s heart to see you upset – but you are such a cuddle bug when under the weather and have taken many naps leaning on my chest. You are normally way to busy to sit still on my lap, let alone fall asleep, so I have enjoyed these few special moments with you.
* You love to roll. And roll. And roll. You get off your blankets on the floor so quickly!
* You sit up unsupportive for a few seconds before falling over. Part of your problem is that you are so snoopy and curious. You are always reaching out to grab whatever is within reach, causing you to be off balance.
* You have always loved putting pressure on your feet, and now love to stand while holding onto our hands.
* You started rice cereal and have been loving it (with the exception of your little “issue”). We will be starting veggies and fruits shortly!
* You celebrated your very first Thanksgiving, and your dad and I feel so thankful to have you in our lives. We can’t imagine life without you!
We love you more than words. Happy Birthday Lily!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Lily speaking here. On my first Thanksgiving, I have a lot to be thankful for. My rocking parents, totally awesome family and friends, comfy home, and my stinky dogs. Oh yea, and suppositories.
I may or may not have enjoyed one too many bites of turkey, stuffing, and pie (or maybe milk and cereal) and given myself a horrible tummy ache. It was a bit rough on my mom as I have never cried for more than 15 minutes since I was born. I gave her a run for her money by screaming on turkey day for almost two straight hours. Luckily, my Grandma O is one smart cookie, so my parents called her and the family doctor, obtained the necessary medicine, and I was quickly on my way to enjoying my first Thanksgiving. However, let’s just say I will never look at Nanny the same after that violation (my mom was way too chicken to take care of business)!
After all the trauma, I think I deserve a drink.