May 31, 2016
Weight - 49 lb 40 percentile
Length - 49.25 inches. 74 percentile
Length - 49.25 inches. 74 percentile
From the birthday girl herself:1. What is your favorite color? Pink and indigo.
2. What is your favorite toy? My favorites thing to do are play piano and color.
3. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries and grapes.
4. What is your favorite tv show? A.N.T Farm
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Chocolate sandwich
6. What is your favorite outfit? My two long, maxi dresses.
7. What is your favorite game? SORRY!
8. What is your favorite snack? Pretzels.
9. What is your favorite animal? African Elephant (she did her 1st grade report on this animal) and a flamingo. Because they are cool!
10. What is your favorite song? Right now my favorites are from our VBS this week.
11. What is your favorite book? I like all the Weird School books.
12. Who is your best friend? That's easy...Georgia!
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios.
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Ride my bike or play basketball.
15. What is your favorite drink? Water. Chocolate milk. Pink lemonade. Regular lemonade.
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas because I get to spend time with my family and Easter because we get lots of candy!
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My book!
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Chocolate chip bars.
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Pizza. La Pizetta And cake.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A singer. A dancer. And a mom!
Thoughts from Mom:
1. What is your favorite personality trait? Lily has such a huge heart. She had four special needs children in her first grade class, and she took it upon herself to walk these friends to lunch, help out in the classroom when they needed a little extra assistance, always talk kind to and about them. She is the best big sister and such a loyal friend.
2. What is your favorite memory this year? Watching Lily learn to play the piano. I think we've finally found a perfect fit for our girl. Her face lights up when she plays and she absolutely loves her lessons!
3. What is your favorite book to read together? Now that we have an independent reader, we don't read books aloud together as much. She will normally read me a few pages of her latest book in bed before reading a few chapters on her own before turning off the lights.
4. What is your favorite activity to do together? Lily is one amazing shopper! I have so much fun running errands with her and seeing what hilarious items she 'has to have'! And any time I can get Lily all to myself, I love just listening to her (non-stop) stories and thoughts.
5. What is the most difficult part of parenting this year? Lily often struggles with new classes, activities, and any changes. Dealing with her anxiety is difficult for me as I don't really understand how she feels and why she can't just "get over it" or "deal with it". I am constantly reminding myself to be patient and kind while helping her through it. Plus it's always hard to see our girl upset or scared!
6. What is the best part of parenting this year? Watching Lily become such a strong yet sweet young lady. While she continues to have a strong personality, she is also so kind, sweet and loving to her friends and brother.
7. What is your favorite song Lily sings? Lily has discovered POP music and loves Beiber, Timberlake, Arianna Grande, Taylor Swift, etc. Oh boy, the teenage years are going to be fun! While not always my choice of songs, I can't help but enjoy her enthusiasm.
9. What is one parenting trait you wish to improve. Don't we all wish we were a little more patient!?! 7 years have flown by and I wish I could slow myself down, take the time to listen to her stories, play a quick game, or just sit down and snuggle. She is such an amazing young girl, has so much to say and offer the world, and I just hope I'm not too busy or distracted to miss it.
10. Any last thoughts? I love our sweet, spunky, sassy and silly girl so very much!!