Wednesday, December 8, 2010

She bakes?

Not very well, but I did attempt a baking project today. Though I love to cook, I have possibly only baked once since I've been married. Brownies. Out of a box. So yea, not so much.

But today I was feeling ambitious, and decided to try some homemade healthy muffins for Lily's snack.

Oat Bran Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 large can pumpkin pie filling mix
1 c. milk (I used whole since this is for Lily. non fat would be fine)
3/4 c. light olive oil
2 eggs
3 c. flour (next time I might use whole wheat instead of white)
1 1/2 c. oat bran
1 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
2 t. baking soda
1/2 c. miniature chocolate chips
1/2 c. toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
Variation: 2 c. pumpkin puree, 3/4 c. brown sugar and 1 t. cinnamon in place of the pumpkin mix.


Whisk dry ingredients.


Blend wet ingredients well.
Add to whisked dry ingredients, stirring until just blended.

Fold in chocolate chips and nuts (optional).

Spoon into sprayed muffin tins and bake at 375 for 20 minutes, or until done.


Remove from oven and carefully move each muffin to cooling rack.


Success!

Lily liked her new snack. And I liked that it was a variance from the much request granola bar!


No comments: