Sunday, March 10, 2013

Surprise...it's your birthday!

Last week, we celebrated Nanny's 60th birthday. 
With a few surprises...
1. Lindsay flew in from Phoenix for a quick 24 hour visit.
2. Ellen surprised Mom by joining us for dinner.
3. Dinner was at The American restaurant in Crown Center.
3. Her gift...60 years of memories.

The day started off by Mallory picking me up at the airport.
We drove directly to her first wedding dress fitting, where Mom was meeting her.
(No sneak peeks of the dress, but I will just say, she is going to be one beautiful bride!)
Mom walked into the dress shop and when I said hello, she first thought I was part of the staff.  
Then she realized who I was and started to cry. :) 

The first surprise went off without a hitch!

After hanging out at Mallory's house and checking out all things 'wedding central', we sent Mom to meet Dad.
We had told her a different restaurant, but when they got into the car, Dad gave her a card explaining we were actually going to the American 'with her favorite girls.'
Mom didn't know 'girls' meant both Mallory and I, plus Ellen...one of Mom's closest friends since college.

Surprise two and three...success!

Matt, Mallory, and I spent over a month gathering memories from Mom's friends.
From her childhood in Parsons, to college days in Manhattan, to her adult life in Sabetha.
We gathered all the sweet sentiments into numbered envelopes (thanks Morgan!) and a keepsake box.
Thank you to all family and friends for contributing to her gift.  I'm pretty sure she loved it!  :)



What a fun evening!
Happy 60th birthday to the best Mom in the whole world.
We love you!  Cheers to many more birthday celebrations!


2 comments:

MJS said...

I had the time of my life! Thank you (and 60 other people) for the memories.

Rachel said...

What an amazing surprise for an amazing Mom!