Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day/Birthday weekend

What a perfect weekend!

To start things off, Brownie, the class pet, came home for the weekend.
We loved taking him on our adventures!


Friday night, Lily and I had a 'girls only' date to an outdoor concert featuring a popular 80s cover band.
We joined some of our favorite families from the neighborhood, enjoyed a picnic and some fun music.
Lily was impressed that the mommies knew most of the songs and could sing along. :)
chrissy and melissa
apparently, the moms were feeling royal blue as the color of the evening.
lily, mckenzie, ava, and kate
a few of her best girlfriends
lily and mckenzie
these girls are either the best of friends or fighting like sisters
tonight was a good night, ha!

Saturday was the perfect day. I started off with a long run, then Ryan played outside with the kids while I spent an hour cleaning out toys.  Doesn't sound too exciting, but truly was a little piece of heaven.  We then headed to our neighborhood pool with all our cul de sac neighbors, followed by lunch (and a birthday beer for Mommy!) at our local restaurant.  Ryan helped continue the celebrations by scheduling me a massage and date night.  Great combination of alone time, family time, and adult only time!

post pool hair.  that smile melts my heart.

I couldn't have planned a more perfect weekend to celebrate my birthday and mother's day. 
Thank you to my family for making me feel so special and loved!

No comments: