May 31, 2013
Weight - 35.5 lb 53 percentile
Length - 40 3/4 inches. 73 percentile
Length - 40 3/4 inches. 73 percentile
A few thoughts from the birthday girl herself!
1. What is your favorite color? Pink of course!
2. What is your favorite toy? My new rabbit because it's fluffy and cuddly.
3. What is your favorite fruit? Is yogurt a fruit? No? Ok, apples. I like to eat them whole, not cut up.
4. What is your favorite tv show? Dora the Explorer, Doc McStuffin's, Little Einsteins. Movie? Maria (Sound of Music), Buddy (Elf)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Yogurt, grapes, apples
6. What is your favorite outfit? I like hearts. So that orange shirt with the purple heart, or my I love NY nightgown (from our neighbors trip last summer)
7. What is your favorite game? I have two favorite games. One is called "I'm the Mommy and I have kids." I don't remember my other favorite.
8. What is your favorite snack? Daddy's pretzels (honey wheat from Trader Joe's) or cereal with frosting (brown sugar shredded wheat from TJ's).
9. What is your favorite animal? A bunny rabbit.
10. What is your favorite song? When the dog bites, when the bee stings! (Favorite things from Sound of Music).
11. What is your favorite book? Pinkalicious (she requests it every single night)
12. Who is your best friend? Mckenzie. And William, and Kate, and Decker
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cereal with frosting (brown sugar shredded wheat from TJ's)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play basketball
15. What is your favorite drink? Chocolate milk and apple juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? My birthday. And Christmas and Easter. I can't pick one.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Paci and night-night (we took away the paci months ago but somehow it snuck back into her life when I was out of town for a weekend. :)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Yogurt and vitamins
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Pizza (just the crust!) and everything chocolate (cake, cupcakes, pudding, and cookies)
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A flower girl!
A few thoughts from Mommy
1. What is your favorite personality trait? Lily has the best laugh. If you can get her giggling, it will seriously make your day. She is also a pretty funny gal, which I think she inherited from her father. The things that come out of her mouth are just hilarious.
2. What is your favorite memory this year? Watching Lily become a big sister. She loves her brother more that I ever thought possible. While I imagine this past year has been difficult as her world was flipped upside down, she has never showed any animosity towards William. I'm so proud of her for this.
3. What is your favorite book to read together? Right now she won't read anything but Pinkalicious, so I guess I'd say any other book. :)
4. What is your favorite activity to do together? Our girl has become quite the artist the past few months. I love sitting with her while she creates and listening to her reasoning behind each color choice or line drawn (because you realize she vocalizes every single thought!). My favorite masterpiece was my Mother's Day gift...a beautiful heart that I immediately framed.
5. What is the most difficult part of parenting this year? While Lily continues to be a serious talker, her strong, assertive personality has proven most difficult for me. While these traits are exactly what I'd wish for her as an adult, they tend to be very difficult to parent. Unfortunately (and fortunately), we have very similar personalities and often clash, as we both want things to go our way and are too stubborn to give in. Luckily for both of us, Daddy know exactly how to diffuse our tempers.
6. What is the best part of parenting this year? Watching her benefit from her 'strong' personalty. She is a natural leader. My favorite example is from her ballet/gymnastics class, as told by her teacher...none of her classmates will listen to the teacher until Lily has arrived and taken her place in the circle. Once she is settled, the others fight over who can sit by her. I've been told she also coaches the more timid classmates when they are shy or nervous to try a new move. I love that while she is always the 'boss' she can also be a kind and helpful leader.
7. What is your favorite song Lily sings? "I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee." I love that she not only has every verse memorized but also the actions. Too bad she can't carry a tune...
8. What is your favorite 'Lily-ism'? She is one smart little girl. I love when she randomly pulls into conversation vocabulary way beyond her years.
9. What is one parenting trait you wish to improve. Patience. Same as last year. Because she and I are so similar (and stubborn), I tend to overreact and wish instead I would take the time to listen and understand her frustrations.
10. Any last thoughts? I love my girl more than words. I can not even begin to describe how proud I am of her - how she has taken to being a big sister with such grace, how she continues to grow into her strong personality, how she is so much fun (and funny!) to be around. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us, as it's always an adventure with Lily!
A few thoughts from Daddy
1. What is your favorite personality trait? My girl’s tremendous ability to speak her mind. Although it can be frustrating for me now, as her Daddy it makes me smile to know that she won’t be letting anyone take advantage of her when she’s older.
2. What is your favorite memory this year? When Lily became a big sister and watching her play and interact with William…and also her “sister” Ellie Dog.
3. What is your favorite book to read together? No brainer – Pinkalicous!! We read it every night because she doesn’t give me a choice :)
4. What is your favorite activity to do together? Run errands on Saturdays just me and her. It’s our time to have one on one. I could fill a book with the memorable quotes she gives me during those times.
5. What is the most difficult part of parenting this year? Lily’s stubbornness and desire to do everything her way.
6. What is the best part of parenting this year? Watching Lily succeed when she learns how to do something on her own…seeing her stubbornness and desire be used in a positive way.
7. What is your favorite song Lily sings? All of them. She can’t carry a tune, but man, she sings her heart out. If I had to pick just one? Probably her version of Adele’s songs…she gets some of the words right. :)
8. What is your favorite 'Lily-ism'? Whenever she looks at me and says, “Are we on the same page Daddy?” while nodding her head at the same time. She cracks me up.
9. What is one parenting trait you wish to improve. My lack of patience and giving her more time to do things on her own.
10. Any last thoughts? At times, Lily can be a “treat” to handle. She is extremely honest and literal, and at times it can come across “bossy,” but man, she has the biggest heart and the greatest laugh. I love this girl more than anything and can’t imagine how boring life would be without her.