Sunday, June 30, 2013

Washington DC

Ryan and I were in Washington DC for a week, thanks to his hard work last year, and therefore being invited on a Top Producer trip.  We spent five days with his company, being spoiled in a beautiful hotel within walking distance to the National Mall.  An extra fun treat for me to be back in my old neighborhood...I had the chance to run my old routes, snapping photos and sightseeing along the way!
We spent one evening at the National's baseball game, in amazing seats with our own waiter...nothing like ordering beer and hotdogs, only to have it delivered to you within minutes.  That's my kind of baseball!
Ryan's company hosted two dinners events, which are always in the best locations.  One evening was at the Daughters of the Revolution mansion, across from the White House and overlooking the Washington monument.  But the best was our final evening, on a penthouse rooftop deck overlooking the Capital.  The super moon was an extra treat!

We extended our stay for two days in order to spend time with a few friends and my Uncle Bill.  We woke up Sunday morning to a rainy day...these desert dwellers were so excited!  

We also enjoyed two fantastic dinners by ourselves.  Such a treat to spend time with this guy...I'm a lucky gal and think he's so much fun!  


In case you were curious, Lily and William were well taken care of.  Nanny came for the week, while Papa Kurt flew in for a few days to help out.  From the pictures we received, I don't think they missed us one bit!  Thank you so much for loving on our kiddos while we were away!

PS.  Someone gave William his first taste of ice cream.  I'd say he was a fan!  Looks like Lily enjoyed hers as well.

No comments: