Friday, February 28, 2014

18 months

February 10, 2014
Weight - 24 lb, 10 oz. 29 percentile
Length -33 1/4 inches. 75 percentile
Head - 48 cm, 55 percentile

~You were slow to walk (almost 16 months) but once you started, you took off and haven't looked back since.  You run all day long and give us serious exercise chasing after you.
~Your favorite indoor games are shooting hoops, banging cabinets, and heading upstairs to play with your trains.  Your favorite outdoors games are anything with balls or bikes. You continue to be all boy, all the time!
~You have lots of words.  A few recent additions include up, down, choo-choo, trash, shoes (zoos), bus, bike, bar (granola bar), eat, and wah-wah (water).  Your favorite word continues to be "no" on repeat, often said with an ornery grin.
~You can be an oxymoron at times.  You are a very laid-back and chill guy, but can be high maintenance at the same time.  You do not like new people or strangers, and are very attached to Mom and Dad.  However, I am once again working this spring and have a sweet gal babysitting you twice a week.  You absolutely love her, flip out of my arms when she arrives, and wave goodbye to me as I'm walking out the door.  I'm thrilled for you (and me!!).  
~You play favorites.  One day, Mommy is the only parent who can feed, bath, put you to bed, etc and then the next, you will completely switch alliances.  Once you decide the 'parent of the day', there is no going back…you are quite stubborn and determined to get your way.  
~You have started showing a temper as well as asserting your independence.  I miss my always sweet boy, but love watching you grow.  Just promise me you will cuddle with me when you're 16…ha!

~You have such a sense of humor.  You are always trying to make us laugh and after doing something funny, you stop and look for our reaction.  Reminds me a bit of your father.  :)  Boy humor has popped up a few times, with fake burps and lots of giggles to follow.
~It's hard for me to believe you are 18 months already.  You will always be my baby but time is absolutely flying by.  We love you more than words, William Tommy!

No comments: