Monday, October 3, 2016

1st day of school

August 8th 2016 - First day of 2nd grade was a great success.  Lily and I walked by ourselves and chatted about how it was ok to be nervous, how she is always scared the first day but always ends up loving school, etc.  After a brave front, she teared up once it was time for me to leave.  But upon pick-up..."Mom, it was the BEST day.  Mr Robinson is the BEST teacher.  And I saw all my friends!  I can't wait to go back tomorrow!"  Lily is having the best year and we've never seen her happier or more confident.  It's going to be a great year!!  


William's first day of the "Fish" class, or young 4's, started the following day.  I'd post a picture of him actually at school but was too busy trying to escape the chokehold he had on me.  In other words, drop off wasn't successful but after settling in, he loves his school and the fact that he can see his best buddy James.  



We are so very lucky for great schools and the amazing community of friends we've found in Arizona. 

No comments: