Weight - 37.5 lb 64 percentile
Length - 42.75 inches. 93 percentile
Length - 42.75 inches. 93 percentile
A few thoughts from the birthday boy himself!
1. What is your favorite color? Green
2. What is your favorite toy? Hot Wheels track
3. What is your favorite fruit? Grapes and apples. I mean, just watermelon!
4. What is your favorite tv show? Hot Wheels show.
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? A turkey sandwhich
6. What is your favorite outfit? My soccer shirt and shorts. (orange nike shirt and black shorts)
7. What is your favorite game? The marble run Sissy gave me for my birthday
8. What is your favorite snack? Peanut butter and jelly sandwhichs (which is news to Mom, he always requests a Clif bar and milk)
9. What is your favorite animal? A horse and a cow
10. What is your favorite song? Shut up and Dance with me
11. What is your favorite book? The Hungry Caterpillar
12. Who is your best friend? James!
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play baseball. Dad pitches it to me.
15. What is your favorite drink? Juice. Apple juice and orange juice.
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween because you get candy!
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Night-night
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Bar (Kids Cliff Bar) and Milk
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Cupcakes and cake. I want to go to the train park too.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a conductor. Not a doctor, a conductor!
Thoughts from Mommy:
1. What is your favorite personality trait? William is absolutely the sweetest boy and loves his mommy more than anything in the world. He is such an actor and loves to be the center of attention and life of our family. He is definitely showing an ornery boy streak though!
2. What is your favorite memory this year? William has a very best friend, James, and has developed the sweetest friendship. I've loved watching him show camaraderie, empathy, and a strong bond with a friend as such a young age.
3. What is your favorite book to read together? Anything with trains, planes, or automobiles. William doesn't have a favorite but loves to read books together.
4. What is your favorite activity to do together? The train park. While his big sister loved this favorite venue, it is truly William's happy place. We have a routine each time - first the train, then the carousel, the train table, and finally the train museum.
5. What is the most difficult part of parenting this year? William has always been "all boy" and the older and bigger he gets, the louder and more destructive he is. The noise and messes drive me a little batty!
6. What is the best part of parenting this year? My favorite part of parenting William this year is just watching him grow from a toddler to a little boy. He is developing opinions and preferences which he is loud and clear on, but he is still so sweet and loving.
7. What is your favorite song William sings? He still loves "Shut up and dance with me" and is known to bust it out at school, the park, etc. Not very appropriate for a 4 year old, but pretty cute!
9. What is one parenting trait you wish to improve. Saying no to William and following through. It's often easier to just give in to him, especially when he snuggles and gives me that sweet smile. The other day, he asked me to hold him when he really should have walked himself...I asked him why he needed me to carry him and he said "because Mommy. I just love you so much!" How can you say no to that?!?!10. Any last thoughts? We love you William Tommy more than words. Your sense of humor, your love for life, and your silliness make each and every one of us so very happy.
Thoughts from Daddy:
1. What is your favorite personality trait? His orneriness and his warmth…he can be goofy when he wants to be and never fails to put a smile on your face, but he’s also a lover and loves his snuggles. He definitely brightens up our days!
2. What is your favorite memory this year? Taking him to spring training baseball. He’s at an age where he understands what is going on and he was so interested in the Royals practices. And now, every day when I get home from work (literally), he wants to play catch or hit in the backyard. “Dad, you ready to play baseball???”
3. What is your favorite book to read together? I don’t have a favorite to read with him b/c he’s not the reader that his sister is, so he doesn’t seem to have a “favorite” book. But I love when we go to his room for bedtime, picks out a book, and w/o fail, says, “Oh Dad, we have to read this one – we haven’t read this one before!”…he gets so excited.
4. What is your favorite activity to do together? Playing baseball in the backyard or in the cul-de-sac. He takes it so serious – taps the bat on “home plate” before the pitch comes in, when he hits it, runs the bases to celebrate his “home run,” and then slides every time he crosses the plate. Love seeing him so passionate about something.
5. What is the most difficult part of parenting this year? Although he is typically in a great mood, this boy also has a major stubborn streak. Unfortunately, I know exactly where he gets it from, so it’s hard for me to deal with. We butt heads fairly often, and I’m sure that will continue as he gets older.
6. What is the best part of parenting this year? Seeing him experience new things and really understand what’s going on and being able to communicate with us how he feels. At this age, he is able to express his feelings in a much better way, and it’s great to share those experiences with him.
7. What is your favorite song William sings? All of them! I know that is the easy answer, but honestly, whenever I walk in on him or catch him just singing to himself – vacation bible songs, songs from the radio, commercials from TV – I love hearing all of it. Let’s me know he’s paying attention and retaining information :)
9. What is one parenting trait you wish to improve. With William, I would say to live each day like’s there is no tomorrow. He constantly wants to play together, and there are certain times I just don’t feel like it, or I’m too tired, etc. I want to live each moment being present with him – both kids really – but to remind myself to really enjoy these times. It goes too fast.
10. Any last thoughts? William is such a joy and we are so lucky to have him in our lives. He is such a great piece to our family – he keeps things light, always making everyone laugh, even in those serious moments. He’s got a great sense of timing – knowing exactly when we need a little comic relief, or maybe just a hug. We love you more than anything William Tommy!!!