As we welcome 2010, I have been reflecting on the past year and all that I have to be thankful for:
* I am thankful for my husband. Who is patient and kind. Even when I have a few “new mom freak out” moments. Or plain ole “Lindsay freak out” moments. Or on mornings when I haven’t had my coffee and just need a few moments to myself……..
* I am thankful for Lily. For a healthy baby, who is happy and loved by so many wonderful people. Who teaches me that it’s the little things in life I should be excited about. Like rolling over, learning to squeal, a sweet smile and a giggle. Who teaches me that I often should ignore the phone or TV or computer.
* I am thankful for family. Because I can’t imagine getting through our first few months as new parents without our families! Because I am hopeful (and confident) that our families will be near and dear to our little family in the years to come.
* I am thankful that this year has given me perspective. For what is truly important in my life. For who is truly important in my life. I have discovered I don’t have the time nor energy for negative people in my life, and am thankful to focus on the amazing, abundant positive influences surrounding us.
* I am thankful for a roof over our head and employment for me and my husband during these turbulent economic times.
* I am thankful for the new year. For the opportunity to reflect on those moments and people I am thankful for, and those moments I wish to improve on.
Happy New Year’s!