Friday, August 12, 2011

Date night

Here's a little story for you...

I had preschool orientation last night, so Ryan met us at school and took Lily home for dinner.

Or so I thought.

As I pulled into the driveway, I see Ryan and Lily cruising down our street. Apparently he decided they needed a father/daughter date night at our neighborhood restaurant. He told me they shared one side of a booth and at one point, Lily put her arm on Ryan's back and said "Daddy, you are a good friend."

Melt my heart, she can be such a sweetie.

Ryan has been working longer hours the past few weeks, and often gets home only to put Lily straight to bed. So she has been punishing him by not wanting anything to do with him. Hurts a Daddy's feelings!

However, date night was apparently a huge success. When I opened the back door to help her out of the car, she said "No Mommy, you close the door. I need my Daddy to help me." And when Ryan went to help her, she said "Daddy, I don't want her (and glared at me)."

Don't have to tell me twice, this mama went on break!

No comments: