Monday, July 16, 2012

37 Weeks


A few thoughts:
~I've been having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions this past week (I never experienced any during my first pregnancy).  Apparently they are getting things moving as I am 2cm dilated and 80% effaced (TMI?  Sorry!).  George is very low and in position, ready to join the world.  However, we are keeping our fingers crossed that he stays put for at least another week or two as we finish up our to-do list and just enjoy a little more time with the big sister-to-be.  Plus I have a haircut this week....priorities, people!
~I am often asked if I am still running since I was able to run with Lily through most of the pregnancy.  Unfortunately running just wasn't comfortable this time around, so I stopped a few months ago.  Instead I've stayed active swimming laps, taking long walks,  doing pilates/yoga, and a little P90X with Ryan (though modified of course!).  For any expecting moms, I would highly recommend this workout video....I bought it in my first trimester and originally thought it was a little too easy.  However, I have LOVED it starting around 25 weeks when other activities didn't feel as good.  
~Lily still calls baby "George" but we've been offering her other names to see if she'll change her mind.  She recently decided we could also call him "Pete".  Silly girl. 
~After months of indecision, I think we have finally settled on a name.  Do you think we'll stick with George??  Guess ya'll will have to wait and see!  :)

3 comments:

Janice Lehman said...

Both of you ladies are beautiful!!Aunt Janice

katieharris said...

Can't believe he'll be here so soon! I sat at 3cm/80% for a month, but let's hope he moves along a bit faster for you. Second baby deliveries are usually quicker, right? (Or so I hear) :)
So excited for little Jorge to arrive!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Can't wait! You look so awesome! Enjoy these last few weeks:) Can you email me your number if you have time? I tried to call and I don't think I have the right number still.
-Leann