Sunday, June 12, 2011

2 years

May 31, 2011
Weight - 25 lb, 8 oz. 35 percentile
Length - 36 inches. 94 percentile


I can not believe you are two years old.

I know it's so cliche but it really does seem just like yesterday that you joined our world.

It was just yesterday that we brought you home from the hospital, and were near panic the first night we were alone with you.

You were so small I hated giving you baths in case you slipped out of my arms (I made your Dad do it for months and months while I sat and observed).

It was just yesterday that you woke me up in the middle of night and we spent an hour together nursing, snuggling, singing, smiling at each other. I hadn't sang one particular song since you were just a few months old, but recently added it back into your bedtime playlist. You sang along and knew all the words. It made me tear up and I was amazed how much you remembered.

As an infant, you rarely fell asleep in our arms and preferred to be put down to play on your own. You are much more affectionate now, but it must be on your terms....when you are in the mood. Your daddy and I love those cuddles more than you will ever know.

You are hilarious. And you know it. You know exactly how to use your humor and charm to get out of trouble. Wonder who you could have gotten that from (hint, not your mother, who has absolutely no sense about the "art" of kissing up).

On that same note, you are one smart chica. You realize you rule our lives and play every card possible to get your way. Unfortunately (for us, at least) it often works.

Your favorite activity is playing at a splash park. You tell me it's your favorite almost every single day. If someone asks what you did today, you often tell them you played in the water, even if it's not true!

Your favorite foods include yogurt, 'Daddy's crackers' (honey wheat pretzels), and 'cookie bars' (Kids Cliff bars) plus any kind of fruit.

You sleep 12 hours each night and take a 2-3 hour afternoon nap. You wear size 5 diapers and 2T clothes (for the length, since you can still fit into 12-18 months shirts). Our little skinny mini gal.

You add such joy to our lives. As I (try to) tell you each day, you make your Mommy and Daddy so very happy and we can't imagine our lives without you. Your smiles, your sense of humor, your sweetness, your orneriness, we love it all! Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

No comments: