Friday, January 9, 2009

15 weeks

Here are a few observations/comments at week 15:

  • Do you think anyone notices my sly attempts to unbutton the top of my pants...every time I eat, drink, or really whenever I am not wearing sweats?!?!?! (And for those of you who know me well, I LOVE my sweats and would wear them 24/7 if I thought I could get away with it. I blame my mother for this trait!)
  • My husband loves to touch my stomach and say 'wow, it's really getting big, how exciting' and my response is 'shut up, you #$*@, I'm not showing yet!'
  • I am still in regular clothes, just not my 'skinny' jeans or pants or tops. I'm looking forward to actually looking pregnant so then I can wear whatever and say 'hey, I'm not fat, just pregnant!" And have a solid excuse to wear yoga pants and sweats 24/7 without seeming like a complete slob (again, see reference above to sweats obsession)!
  • A friend told me she started wearing maternity clothes at 20 weeks. FIVE MORE WEEKS! Oh, there is no way I am going to make it five more weeks. I think because I am so short-waisted, I am going to show a lot earlier (that's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it!). I keep reading the baby is approximately three inches below my belly button or three inches above my public bone. Ummm, the entire distance between my belly button and public bone is three inches, so this kid must have NO ROOM down there. Guess that's my punishment for longer legs.

I have still been feeling great, and am no longer exhausted all the time. This is much to the relief of Ryan who is excited to have his "normal" wife back!

No comments: