Friday, January 9, 2009

17 weeks

Either my stomach is going crazy, or I am feeling this kid moving in there! Feels like little popcorn kernels popping in there. Wow, how crazy is this.

Merry Christmas Baby O. On my Christmas list, I had asked each person in our families to give us their favorite childhood book (and sign it!), so that we can start our library. As much as I love to read, I am hopeful our kid will too! I had so much fun opening each book, and seeing whose favorite it was. From my cousins Darby, Cooper, Luke and Reece, to niece and nephew Aynslee and Liam, we received all the classics, new and old. And my grandmother, who gave us Uncle Wiggily's Story Book, which she read to Matt and I every night when we spent the night with she and Bobby, how special those nights were to us! And a Child's First Bible from my dad who said he loved to hear all the Bible stories growing up and found them so fascinating - Ryan is already starting to scan through these stories and I have a feeling he will be reading to my belly starting any day now! Good Dad in training. And of course, "The Gas We Pass" from my brother, the all-time favorite, "Love you forever" from Auntie M (Mallory), and a huge sack of books from Nanny (my mom), who I have to say was not upset that she had given us numerous duplicates - "oh well, we'll just have to leave those here for when my grandbaby stays with me!"

No comments: