Sunday, January 18, 2009

21 weeks - Preparation has begun

We are definitely having a girl as she is already costing us an arm and a leg as we begin preparation for her arrival. We have numerous projects going on in the Osterhaus household!
We will be turning our upstairs office into the nursery and as such, have a few upcoming expenses. First, we have decided to move the office into the basement along with a 46' flat screen TV Ryan won with some freaky luck. Once complete, Ryan will have his very own "man room". While this sounds like a fun endeavor, you must remember we live in Prairie Village, our home was built in 1948, and while it's "quaint" and has a lot of "charm" this really means it's old and falling apart.
So in order to comfortably hang out in the basement, a few improvements must be made. First, we have a little mold issue from a couple floodings caused by an non functioning sump pump. Not a cheap fix, but obviously important. Ryan has also found himself a leather couch and chair (he is modeling his chair with our gals Lynnie and Elhers) as well as carpet for his hangout. Finally, we have new windows being installed upstairs which will hopefully help with the cold temperatures in the baby's room, and will then move onto nursery furniture, bedding, decor, etc. Busy busy in our house, and we are looking forward to enjoying our completed projects!

On a side note, here is an updated pic of my ever growing stomach. Though the doctor tells me I haven't gain much weight, I definitely have a pouch! Physically I am still feeling great and continue to run or swim most days of the week which helps me to feel somewhat "normal" in my changing body. My poor husband though...I've been a bit of an emotional basketcase lately. I'm sure it's due to the crazy hormones flowing through me and stress of trying to get the basement and nursery projects done as well as the start of my 'busy season' in public accounting. Ryan continues to be patient and understanding and for that, I am extremely grateful. Ice cream, Starbucks, and chocolate also seem to help! I'm out of town this upcoming week for work, and I'm sure Ryan is very happy to see me (or at least my emotions) go! :)

4 comments:

katieharris said...

THIS is how I find out you're having a girl?!? Make sure Ryan knows I'm a little sad that he didn't tell me sooner. But I'll get over it. I'm SO excited for you all and glad to hear that you and baby girl O are doing great. I love that you have a blog so I can follow your developments since I can't just run by your house anymore. I'm just now reading all your previous posts. Miss you guys (dogs too), can't wait for the arrival of your little cutie.

p.s. Just for the record—i told Ryan you guys would have a girl. He can reference our Dec 17th emails :) I should've bet someone money.

Lindsay said...

Katie, we miss you too (and are loyal followers of your own blog!). For the record, Ryan said early last week that he was going to email you about our little gal, but then accidently cut the internet/cable line to the house. Big dummy! :)

Lynnie and Elhers say hi and would like you to come visit soon!

The Kaebs said...

I am so excited to start following your blog! I love all the pregnancy details and glad to hear you guys are doing so great. Congrats on the girlie news...we love them, obviously! Enjoy the maternity clothes, although some are hideous, I agree, others are so comfy you'll be sad to pack them up in the end! Have fun!

Kara said...

Lindsay,
Good luck with the projects, good you are doing them now when you aren't too prego yet and still have ample energy! Good plan Momma!!
Thanks for the post about Roman, glad our little buddy is better!
Tell Ryan hi!
~kara